Prof. Dr. Golam Abu ZakariaFounder Chairman
Alo Bhubon Trust
Ex-Chairman and Chief Medical Physicist,
Gummersbach Teaching Hospital,
University of Cologne
Prof. of Clinical Engineering,
Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Koethen, Germany
University Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor student at the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Dhaka, Bangladesh. —1970-1972
- Award government scholarship for undergraduate study in a foreign country (Based on brilliant results in the SSC (10th place) in 1968 and HSC (10th place) in 1970).—1972
- Study of Physics at the University Halle-Wittenberg leading to Diplom-Physiker (Master Degree in Physics with specialization in Medical Physics, 1978), Title of the Work: Construction and calibration of a parallel plate ion chamber for the measurement of electron dose distributions.—1973-1978
- Research fellow and Postgraduate study at the Dept. of Radiation Physics and Biology, University Hospital (Prof. Dr. B. Markus), University of Goettingen, Germany.—1979-1980
- Research fellow, Residency and Ph. D. work at the Dept. of Radiation Physics, University Hospital of the University of Heidelberg. Ph. D. in Medical Physics with MAGNA CUM LAUDE, Title of the Thesis: Pencil beam approach for 3-D-calculation of electron dose distributions: Comparison of calculation and measurement.—1980-1986
- Chairman and Chief Medical Physicist at the Dept. of Medical Radiation Physics (same status as the other Medical Departments), Gummersbach Hospital, Academic Teaching University of Cologne, Germany.—1987-2019
- Vice-Chairman of the DGMP -Task Group Medical Physics in developing countries of the German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP), Germany.—1993-2001
- Lecturer of the International Master Study in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Mannheim Medical Center (MMC), University of Heidelberg, Germany.—2004-2019
Professional Training and Qualifications:
- General Radiation Protection Training Course for Medical Physicists in ISS-Institute for Radiation Protection, Helmholtz Centre Munich, Germany.—1986
- Special Radiation Protection Training Course for Medical Physicists in “Haus der Technik”, Essen, Germany.—1987
- Recognition as a qualified expert in Medical Radiation Physics (Radio-Oncology, Nuclear Medicine and Radiological Diagnostic) by German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP).—1990
- Authorization for Accreditation and build-up “Qualified Medical Physicist” in Radio-Oncology, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiological Diagnostic by the German Society for Medical Physics (DGMP).—since 1994
Present Position and Professional Experience:
- Chairman of the DGMP-Task Group Medical Physics in developing countries of the German Society for Medical Physics, Germany.—since 2001
- Founder, Visiting Professor, and Coordinator for International Cooperation of the “The Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering” at Gono Bishwabidyalay (University), Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.—since 2001
- Professor of Clinical Engineering at the Faculty of Electrical-, Mechanical- and Industrial Engineering, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Koethen, Germany.—since 2003
- Lecturer of the School on Medical Physics for Radiation Therapy, “The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)”, Trieste, Italy.—since 2013
- Teacher at the Post Graduate School of Medical Physics, Professional Education Centre, University of Heidelberg, Germany.—since 2014
- Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering, M. Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh.—since 2017
- Founder Chairman, South Asia Centre for Medical Physics and Cancer Research (SCMPCR), Dhaka, Bangladesh.—since 2018
- Member of the Global Representatives Subcommittee (GRSC) of the AAPM.— Since 2021
Experience in Supervision:
- Supervision of many Bachelor (130 x), Master (75 x), Resident (15 x), and Ph. D (10 x) students.
- More than 115 Scientific Papers in German and International Journals.
Member of Scientific Societies:
- DGMP – German Society for Medical Physics since 1983
- ESTRO – European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology since 1992
- AAPM – American Association of Physicists in Medicine since 1996
- AMPI – Association of Medical Physicists of India (Lifetime) since 1996
- BMPS – Bangladesh Medical Physicists Society (Honorary) since 2009
Distinction, Awards, and Honorary Membership:
- The Oncology Club & SAARC Federation of Oncologists honored with a highly prestigious award “Outstanding Personalities of the Decade 2000-2010” for the unique contribution to establishing Medical Physics in Bangladesh.—2009
- Honorary Advisor at the National Institute of Cancer Research and Hospital (NICRH), Dhaka. —since 2010
- Honorary Membership Prize by Bangladesh Cancer Society (BSC) for his important contribution to the development of Radiation Oncology in Bangladesh.—since 2011
- Fellow of Bangladesh Physical Society for the contribution in Physics.—since 2011
- Fellow of Bangladesh Academy of Sciences for the contribution in Physics.—2012
- Distinguished Professor of Biomedical Engineering, College of Information Engineering at China Jiliang University, Hangzhou, China.—since 2016
- “Global Radiation Oncology Distinguished Leader Award 2019” by Global Health Catalyst of the Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA —2019
Prof. Dr. S.M. Abu RaihanVICE-CHAIRMAN
Prof of Chemistry (Retired),
National University, Bangladesh.
Curriculum Development and Evaluation Centre,
National University, Bangladesh
BSc in Chemistry (University of Rajshahi), MSc. in Organic Chemistry (University of Rajshahi), PhD from University Science Malaysia. Worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Pharmaceutical Chemistry (University Science Malaysia).
Teaching Experience: 37 years of teaching experience.
- He has 23 years of teaching experience at the National University. Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- He has about 14 years of teaching experience in different colleges in Bangladesh (Satkhira College. Khulna Govt. Girls College, Govt. B. L College, Khulna, Govt. Jagannath College, Dhaka) from 1975 to 1989.
- Worked as a Dean in Curriculum Development and Evaluation Centre, National University for about 1 year.
- Worked as a Dean in Centre for Postgraduate Studies, Training & Research, National University for about 4 years.
- Worked as a Chairman in Academic Committee, Natural Science Group
- He has 37 (thirty-seven) research publications in many local and international Journals.
Prof. Dr. Hasin Anupama AzhariSECRETARY
Centre for Biomedical Science and Engineering United International University (UIU).
Professor Dr. Hasin Anupama Azhari is the Director of Centre for Biomedical Science and Engineering at United International University (UIU). She is the former Chairman of the Dept. of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Gono Bishwabidyalay (GB, University), and former Dean, Physical and Mathematical Sciences, GB. She has academic experience of more than 15 years of the academic field and got many clinical trainings in radiation oncology and diagnostic radiology from India, Germany, Italy. Currently, she is the CEO, South Asia centre for Medical Physics and Cancer Research (SCMPCR), Secretary-General Asia–Oceania Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics, (AFOMP); and Founder President, Bangladesh Medical Physics Society (BMPS).
She has been awarded as a Ph.D. fellow, OWSD, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, China was the host institute. About more than 60 research works were published in different national and international journals and books. She has organized many national and international conferences and workshops. She acts as a reviewer for different national and international Journals and supervised many BSc projects, MSc thesis, and Ph.D. thesis.
During Covid-19 Pandemic Dr. Anupama has been keeping up her work with the Health Ministry, Bangladesh Government to create and spread awareness following the directives from WHO. Recently a chapter Medical Physics during the COVID-19 Pandemic Global Perspectives— Asia-Pacific. In the book: Medical Physics During the COVID-19 Pandemic Global Perspectives in Clinical Practice, Education and Research Taylor and Francis 2021.
Dr. Azhari received the “International Day of Medical Physics award 2018” from IOMP and AFOMP Outstanding Medical Physicist Award 2020. She has collaborated with different countries for the development of Medical Physics education in international standards. She was a project coordinator for Bengal translation at EMITEL e-Encyclopaedia of Medical Physics and Multilingual Dictionary and terms, a project of IOMP from 2000-2015.
She is the first women Medical Physicists in Bangladesh to have MSc in MP. She has communicated with the health ministry and other governments. nongovernment organization to publicize the subject. She has been able to create position and recruitment rules working with the Directorate of Health Services and Ministry of Health.
Florence Teresa PenheiroTREASURER
Department of English, Peoples University of Bangladesh.
Assistant Professor –
The People’s University of Bangladesh November 2009–Present
Gono Bishwabidyalay, Bangladesh. June 2007 – October 2009
- Ability to maintain high standards of achievement, behavior, discipline, and punctuality amongst
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Managing students by providing guidance and feedback to help them strengthen their skills and knowledge
- Excellent time management skills to ensure targets are met and plans completed efficiently.
- Able to contribute to the intellectual life and debate in an academic organization by conducting research that will enhance its reputation as a research-led teaching
- Willing to take responsibility for the quality of teaching and to make necessary changes to improve quality and maintain standards.
- Able to organize conferences and establish contacts with the wider academic community.
Dr. Dewan ShahiduzzamanMEMBER
Specialized Dental Surgeon,
Banani Dental Clinic (Full-time practitioner)
Dr. Dewan Shahiduzzaman had been graduated in 1988. After that, he had completed post-graduation training & a diploma in Japan, Moscow Russia. He attended a Seminar (Endodontics Research) in Japan in 1996. He is one a member of the International Association of Dental Tra eulogy, Califonia USA since 2002. He was attached with the Russian Federation as consulting Dental Surgeon. In Bangladesh, he attended many dental and oral programs in the rural region for the poor people (free dental camp) organized by the lions club of Dhaka blues even he attended many oral and health programs organized by the Bangladesh Dental Society. He is a life member of the Bangladesh Dental Society. Presently he is doing full practices at Banani Dental Clinic as a Consultant Dental Surgeon.
Mst. Taslima KhatunMEMBER
Bangladesh Open University. Bangladesh.
She completed her BSc and M.Sc. in Physics from the University of Dhaka. She got the Post Graduate Diploma award in Development Planning Academy for Planning & Development in 1998.
- Worked as a Deputy Director in Information & Public Relations at Bangladesh Open University.
- Worked as an Assistant Director in Printing, Publishing & Distribution at Bangladesh Open University
- Worked as an Assistant Director in Examination, Bangladesh Open University.
- Assistant Director, Planning & Development Department, Bangladesh Open University.
- Worked as Research Officer in the Department of Planning & Development, Bangladesh Open University.
- Training in Planning & Development at Central Queensland University,
- Training in Modern Office Management at Bangladesh Public Administration Training
- Training in Modern Office Management at Bangladesh Institute of Administration & Management.
Md. Abdul AzizMEMBER
Ministry of Public Administration, Government of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
Educational Qualification: M. Sc.; LLB; B. Ed (1st Class), M. Ed. (1st Class First).
•Foundation Training, (BPATC, Savar, Dhaka)
•Law and administration, (BCS Academy Dhaka)
•Survey and settlement, (Department of the land record and survey)
•Orientation Course, (BMA Vatiary, Chittagong)
•dvanced Course on Administration and Development (BPATC, Savar, Dhaka)
• Human Resource Management and Economic Development, (China)
•IT Application in Project Management, (Thailand)
•Management and Administration of Public police (Switzerland)
•Management and Administration of Local Government Institutions, (Switzerland, Italy, Greece & Turkey) ··
•Strengthening Government through Capacity Building, (Malaysia)
•Administration, Finance and Capacity building, (Italy, Greece & Turkey).
34 years experience in Public Administration, Finance, Law, Land, Revenue, Banking, and Teaching,
Magistrate-1st class: 10 yrs.’ (Khagrachari, Satkhira & Khulna); Cognizance Magistrate: 5 yrs.’ (Khagrachari & Khulna); Magistrate, PDB: 3 yrs.’ (Khulna, Satkhira & Bagerhat) Metropolitan Magistrate: 2 yrs.’ (Khuina); ADM: 1 yr. (Satkhira); Revenue Administration: 5 yrs.’ (Satkhira); Teaching (TTI): 5 yrs.’ ( Patua kha li) ; Banking (Sonali Bank): 3 yrs.’ (Patuakhali)